How to see your tyre size?
May 28, 2018
Reading and knowing your tyre size is the first step to purchasing your new tyres. This information can be easily found on your tyre side wall, if not on the car label at the side of your door.
- Section width is dimension measured in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall of your tyres. (Excluding any markings that is protruding) The tyre section width affects the tyre performance as well as fuel consumption.
- Aspect Ratio represents the height of the tyre sidewall expressed as a percentage of the nominal section width. The tyre sidewall height affects the handling and comfort of the tyres.
- Rim Diameter is dimension measured in inches for the size of your wheel rim. R stands for radial tyres.
- Load index allows your to determine the allowable load in kgs that your wheel can be safely loaded. Find out the allowable load in load index table.
- Speed rating index is a letter that corresponds to the maximum allowable speed of the tyres at full load. Find out the allowable speed limit in the speed rating index table.